Feeling particularly mexican-y tonight, I made Taco’s – hence Taco Tuesday. I’ve never had Taco’s before, but they taste like large Dorito’s. They make a great dinner for crisp lovers – bit of cheese and heatwave included in this recipe. Oh, and the main ingredient – shredded beef! I asked my mate, the Butcher to thinly shred me some beef. The Old El Paso recipe recommended minced meat but I can vouch that the shredded meat MAKES the Taco so good. The Old El Paso kit can easily feed 3 – 4, but we love our Taco’s so it served just the two of us.
1. Brown the shredded beef off in a pan & drain the excess fat.
2. Add the Old El Paso spice mix + 100 ml of water. Turn up the heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add peppers + onions if you fancy.
4. After the shredded beef has been on full heat for the 10 minutes, pop the tacos in the oven for 4 minutes at 170 degrees.
5. We added Uncle Ben’s spicy rice, red leicester cheese & salad to the Taco’s, but serve however you fancy – we make ours as we eat!
Who’s having a Taco Tuesday next week?