As you all know, my Grandad turned 21 again yesterday, so Me & Mum woke up early to bake him a cake. After eating my body weight in Malteser bunnies this Easter, me & mum decided to go the full hog and make a Malteser cake. For those that missed the bunnies short stay, Malteser now sell the Teaser bars – they are immense. Grandad loves my Malteser cheesecake, so this was bound to be a winner for him also. Heres how we made it….
Ingredients for Sponge
170g of Fine Self Raising Flour
170g of Caster Sugar
170g of Soft Butter
3 Medium Sized Eggs
50g of Cocoa Powder
Ingredients for Topping
1 Large Bar of the new Teasers, by Malteser
Bag of Maltesers
1 Tub of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
1. Place all the sponge ingredients in a food processor and whizz until soft. (Do not over whizz)
2. Divide into two greased silicone hearts, or whatever tins you fancy. (Mine are from Sainsburys)
3. Bake on 180 degrees of 20 minutes, or until the sponge has a spring form.
4. Cool on baking tray for 30 minutes.
5. Spoon the Betty Crocker icing on top of one of the sponges and place the other one above it.
5. Melt the Teasers chocolate in a jug over boiling water until melted, and spread over the top of the sponge.
6. Decorate with whole Maltesers for a pretty finish.