Mama White hosted a Pampered Chef party on Friday evening, and this was one of the rep’s recipes. The reason why I thought i’d share, is it’s a great recipe for hiding vegetables, as they are hidden in cheesy pastry. I am unfortunately a fussy eater but, I would definitely have this again.
8 oz of skinless, boneless, cooked chicken
6 oz of chopped broccoli
1/2 a seeded and finely diced red pepper
1 clove of garlic pressed
5 oz of grated Emmental cheese
4 fl oz of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 packs of ready to roll puff pastry
1 x egg lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2. Chop the chicken and broccoli finely using a food chopper, then place into a bowl.
3. With a knife, dice the red pepper and add into the chicken & broccoli mix.
4. Press the garlic clove into the bowl.
5. Add 4 oz of the Emmental cheese, leaving 1 oz to decorate.
6. Add mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
7. Mix well until combined.
8. Unroll the dough and separate into 12 triangles, making a Union Jack on the pastry.
9. Arrange the triangles in a circle on a flat baking tray, or stone, with the point of the triangle facing outwards.
10. Press where the triangles meet.
11. Spoon mixture onto the dough, ensuring it covers the widest part of the pastry.
12. Bring the triangle point over the filling and tuck under the wide ends. It doesn’t matter if not all the mixture is covered as the pastry rises. Cut extra triangles if you would like the filling fully covered in.
13. Brush the add over the dough, and top with the remaining cheese.
14. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden.
For veggies, just miss out the chicken.